Pedro's Chain Keeper
A great way to make cleaning easier is to remove your wheels. While this may seem excessive, removing the wheels from your bike opens up many tight areas that are tough to clean, allowing easier access and better visibility of these surfaces. The Pedro's Chain Keeper was designed with this wheels-off technique in mind and makes sure your chain stays off your frame preventing damage and keeping your drivetrain free to turn as is commonly needed during cleaning. Try it out! The Chain Keeper inserts into the right rear dropout when the wheel is removed for cleaning, storing, or transporting your bike. The quick-release lever allows for fast and easy installation and removal.
- Takes place of rear wheel providing tension on chain to protect chain and frame when rear wheel is removed
- Allows full forward or backward rotation of drivetrain making it perfect for cleaning, storage, or transport
- Shift the rear derailleur to the highest gear as you would with most wheel removals and remove wheel from bike.
- Position Chain Keeper beneath the upper chain as you would when installing a wheel. Be sure that the quick release lever is facing the drive side of the bike.
- In the same way a wheel is installed, push the chain upward with the Chain Keeper. This may require the rear derailleur to be pivoted rearward using your other hand.
- Continue pushing Chain Keeper upward until axle is positioned in the dropout. Tighten the nut of Chain Keeper and close quick release lever to secure Chain Keeper in place.